Traditional and Festival Recipe - Sesame Seed sweet ball (winter laddu) – Ellurundai – Ellu Urundai, Til Ke laddoo
Sesame seed seet ball (ellu urudai) is one of the traditional sweet in Indian homes. It is one of the healthiest recipe as it is a rich source of copper, manganese and calcium. This sweet is prepared as neivedhyam to lord vinayaka for vinayaka chathurthi.
Sesame seeds are considered to be a symbol of immortality and the god vishnu’s consort maha sri devi herself repesents the properties of the sesame seed.
Sesame seed sweet ball is one of best ready to eat item for kids. In Ayurveda, sesame is one of the best plant having lot of benefits mainly health problems associated with vata aggravation.
It is mainly for winter dessert to warms up our body during the winter season.
Sesame has higher ferric reducing/antioxidant power (FRAP) value, it has poly unsaturated fatty acids of cell membranes.
* White Sesame seeds : 200 gms
* Jaggery (gud) : 120gms
* Roast the sesame seeds till golden brown and starts to burst.
* Make syrup out of jaggery by melting it in a separate vessel. This syrup should become thick enough. (ie when you drop a small amount of this syrup it should solidify immediately).
* At this stage, remove from the syrup from the stove and add it to the golden brown sesame seeds and mix it well.
* When it cools, grease your hands with either rice flour or ghee. Make the sesame into small even sizes ballf using the hand.