Thiruvathirai Kazhi /Thiruvadharai kali
1. Raw rice – 1 cup
2. jaggery powder – 1 ½ cup
3.moong dhal(pasi parupu) – ½ cup
4.cardamaom powder – ¼ teaspoon
5.grated coconut – ¾ cup
6. ghee – 2 cup
7.cashewnut – 20grams
- Put a pan on the stove and roast rice and moong dhal without oil, until they change colour lightly.
- Grind the above until they are coarse.
- Pour 3 cups of water in the pan. When it comes to boil, add the powder slowly. Keep stirring until they begin to cook. It will take about 5minutes to cook.
- Add powdered jaggery and mix it well. Stir, again for another 5 minutes.
- Fry the grated coconut in ghee and add to the above mixture. Also fry cashewnuts in the ghee and add this along with the cardamom powder to the above. Turn off the flame.
Thiruvathirai kali is now ready.
Please check out our Youtube video for Full recipe of Thiruvathirai Kali / Thiruvathira Kali: