Mango- ginger pickle/ manga inji pickle/ alma-haldi/mamidallam pickle /Curcuma Amada Pickle
This mango – giner (manga inji) is one of the very old traditional pickle (oorugai) item in south indian cusine. In olden days, this pickle will be prepared in almost all the houses. It is also eaten raw as we get direct health benefits.
Curcuma Amada is the botanical name. French, it is Ginermbre Mangue, german it is called mangoingwer, hindi: Am Haldi, Amada, tamil :Manga Injee
- Mango ginger – 500 grams
- Lemon – 1
- asafetida -1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – little
1) Wash the mango ginge/manga inji well.
2) scrap off the skin well and wash again, so that there are no sand particles.
3) Cut the mango ginger into small pieces.
4) Cut the green chilies into small pieces.
5) Mix the mango ginger/ manga ingi and chilies and mix well.
6) Squeeze the lemon into it and add salt. Mix it well.
7) Turn on the flame, and pour 2 tea spoons of oil.
8) Season with mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and asafetida.
9) Now add the seasoning to the mango ginger mix and stir well.
10) mango ginger is now ready.
Benefits of mango- ginger:
Mango-ginger/ manga inji aids digestion. It is also a good appetizer.The pulp of mango ginger is applied over sprains and bruises to rapid healing. It controls cholesterol in the blood. Stimulates blood circulation. To obtain maximum benefits you cut mango ginger raw ie without cooking. It cleans the stomach and clears gastric trouble. It also treats certain skin diseases. Researchers in Germany have recently discovered that it is a good medicine for obesity. People who are fat have taken mango-ginger regularly, and they have gradually lost weight. It is good to eat mango ginger during winter season.
Please check out the full video Recipe on Youtube for Mango- ginger pickle/ manga inji pickle / alma-haldi/ mamidallam pickle / Curcuma Amada Pickle: