Papaya leaf juice (a cure dengue fever)
papaya leaf Juice
English: Papaya, Bengali: Pempe Kancha, Kannada: Parangi, Malayalam:Omakaya, Punjabi: pepita,Tamil: Pappali, Telugu: Boppayi, Hindi:Papita, Marathi: Papaya, Gujarati: Papayi
Papaya leaf juice is a home medicine / a home remedy for treating dengue fever. This has cured many people suffering from dengue fever in India.
1. Pell fresh papaya leaves from the tree; it should be medium size
and also 20% of young leaves.
2. Wash it well and crush it in the mixer without water (don’t add
water, salt or anything)
3. Filter it and drink it as it is.
4. You have to take one or two tea spoon a day.(do not take it too
much as it is not good for health)
This is very ancient medicine in siddha(an Indian traditional
medicine). It increases the blood platelet count. This is very good
medicine for dengue fever and also prevents and it is also a medicine
to cure cancer.
Yam Fry / Senai kilangu Roast
(English: yam, Tamil: Senai kizhangu, Telugu: Kanda-Gaddha, Hindi:
Jangli Suran /Surti Kand, Kannada: Suvarna Gadde, Malayalam:
Chenath-thanda /Chand )
- Yam – 250 grams
- Chili powder – 3 tea spoons
- Coriander powder – 4 tea spoons
- Turmeric powder – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Oil – 1 cup
- Tamarind paste – 1 tea spoon
1. Peel off the skin and cut yam into thin slices.
2. Wash it well as there might be some sand particles.
3. Boil yam with 1-2 spoon turmeric powder and salt.
4. Drain the water completely.
5. Add Chili powder, ginger garlic paste, little tamarind paste,
coriander powder and make a paste.
6. Mix the above paste with boiled yam and leave aside for 5-10 minutes.
7. Fry it in oil until the yam changes into brown.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Health benefits of Yam
Yam is a good source of vitamin B6 and potassium, these essential
nutrients help in maintaining a healthy hear. They are also a cure for
osteoporosis. Taking yam also prevents hypertension and high blood
pressure. Yam is also used to treat nausea during pregnancy. It is
also used during menopause period in women. Yam is also rich in fiber
content, hence it prevents constipation. The anti-inflammatory and
anti-oxidant properties in yam helps fight cancer and also prevents
Ginger Lagium / Ginger Lahium / Adrak lagium
Ginger Lagium / Ginger Lahium / Adrak lagium Recipie
This is a tradition south Indian Lahium/lagium made out of ginger. It should be taken first, in the morning of deepavali. This facilitates easy digestion and cleans the stomach. We eat a lot of snacks and sweets on diwali, hence it is a custom to eat this lagium first.
Ginger - 100grams
Coriander seed - 20g
Cumin Seeds - 30g
Jaggery – 100g
Honey -1 table spoon
Ghee – 50g
- Put a thick bottomed vessel or kadai on the stove. Fry the coriander seed and cumin seeds without oil until they turn brown. Grind these well and keep aside.
- Now, add jaggery and little water.
- When the jaggery melts, add the grinded powder and keep stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add ghee and stir in for another 5 minutes, keeping the flame in simmer. Pour honey and stir slowly for a minute and turn off the flame.
Theratti paal (Sweet Kova)
Theratti paal (Sweet Kova) Recipie
Theratti paal (Sweet Kova) is a delicious and famous indian sweet cooked on many auspicious days.
Milk - 5 litre
Sugar – 2 kilo grams
Cardamom powder – 1 tea spoon
Cashew nuts – 10 grams
- Heat milk in a thick bottomed vessel or kadai. When it boils, add cardamom powder and cashew nuts.
- Now add sugar little by little stirring the milk constantly.
- Keep stirring in low flame for about 12-15 minutes, until the milk thickens and turns into kova(solid).
- Turn off the flame and the theratti paal is ready.
Tirunelveli Halwa recipe
Tirunelveli Halwa Recipie
- Wheat-1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Ghee – 2 cup
- Soak samba wheat previous night, and grind it well in the morning. Now filter this wheat milk and pour it in a thick kadai (pan).
- As it gets heated add sugar and keep stirring well.
- When it starts to get thick, add ghee and stir well. Keep stirring until it solidifies and turns orange in color.
- At this stage, if you take the halwa in a spoon, it should’nt stick to the spoon. Add little cardamom powder and turn off the flame. Garnish with cashew nuts roasted in ghee.
Please post your questions and comments here on Tirunelveli Halwa Recipie.
Diwali Sweet Recipes
diwali sweet recipes are something which can make us bored. But here is a diwali sweet recipes which can seduce your taste buds
Tasting Diwali sweets is one of the most enjoyable festive moments. To make this more interesting, here is a very delicious sweet variety, a special product from Thoothukudi / Tuticorin district in South India.
Ingredients for Muscoth halwa:
- Sugar – 500 grams
- Coconut milk – extract from 3 pieces of medium size coconuts
- Maida – 200 grams
- Cashew nut – 50 grams
- Add water to maida flour and make it a dough, just like we do for parata. Roll it into little big balls.
- Take a small bowl of water,add one ball mentioned above,now mix it well with both the hands for at least 5 minutes.
- Slowly milk comes out from this. This milk along with little water should be stored in a bigger vessel.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the balls, and store the milk in the milk overnight.
- The next morning, filter the milk. To this add coconut milk, little water, sugar and cashew nuts and stir continuously. The very important thing in this preparation is that you have to keep on stirring. When the water evaporates, coconut oil oozes from the coconut milk and starts spreading over the flour.
- As you keep stirring, it thickens. Now transfer the contents into a tray greased with ghee. Leave it aside for one day. And muscoth halwa is ready.
Know about diwali celebrations in different states
For more tasty diwali sweet recipies and halwa recipies, please keep visiting our website. Wish you all a happy diwali..